Donate to the fund to provide cash assistance for SEIU 503 members impacted by Wildfires
In times of need, we’re stronger if we pull together and lift each other up. That’s why our Union created a wildfire assistance fund to provide cash assistance to any SEIU member who has faced financial hardship due wildfires. Any SEIU member (or sub-local) may donate to the fund, and all members in good standing are eligible to receive funds.
- Any member in good standing who is experiencing an economic hardship as a result of the wildfires is eligible to receive a cash benefit from this fund.
- A payment up to $250.00 per member based on how much we are able to raise for the fund and how many members apply. Only one member per household is eligible.
- Members apply online (can call MAC for assistance if needed).
- Staff will track applications, donations, and disbursements and ensure that payments are made according to these guidelines.
- Anyone can donate to the fund, including sublocals. We are asking for donations from members, sublocal leadership and staff.